Oh For Me…You Shouldn’t Have, But I’ll Take It
I am truly blessed and humbled for being nominated for The Liebster Blog Award. I was nominated not just by one, but two of my fellow bloggers; Vashti Quiroz-Vega and Joseph Dennis. Both have extraordinary sites that are beyond worthy of checking out. They are a must read. Here are their blogs:
Vashti Quiroz-Vega’s Blog – http://vashtiqvega.wordpress.com/
Reader’s Digest – http://josephdennisblog.blogspot.com/
I really appreciate this and can’t say enough for the recognition. I love reaching out to people with my writings so it is truly an honor.
The rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
RULES FOR NOMINEES
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award.
4. Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
5. Go to each bloggers site and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
HERE ARE 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME!
1. I have 5 sisters. No brothers.
2. I went to a gifted school in Philadelphia called Julia R Masterman Laboratory and Demonstration School. Go figure.
3. I’ll do a dance for cheesecake.
4. I’ve been married for 21 years, which is a rarity these days.
5. I wanted to be a rapper (I mean, who didn’t?)
6. I went to high school with Will Smith (and no, I do not know how to get in touch with him).
7. I’m a geek when it comes to movies, comic books and or most pop culture references.
8. I LOVE MUSIC (I put it in caps in case you didn’t get it)
9. My brother-in-law was a famous jazz musician named Bobby Timmons. Look him up. He’s very interesting and had many hit records.
10. Some may know this, but I had a kidney transplant back in 2010 (3 years, woohoo!)
11. I’ve met Salt & Pepa backstage at a concert during the height of their success and met The Gza from Wu-Tang Clan at a club before he became successful.
Since I was nominated by two bloggers, I thought I would change it up a bit. They both had great questions. I took 5 from each and flipped a coin for the 11th question. So here it goes.
1. What inspires you most about writing?
Putting the words down on paper or digital paper. Really making my thoughts come to fruition. It’s nothing like seeing that story or poem staring back at you asking the inevitable question, “What’s next?”
2. What’s your earliest memory?
I remember my mother making chocolate milk for me when I was three.
3. What’s your favorite sport?
I can’t pick just one, so football and basketball are my favorite.
4. Have you ever had a need to use Algebra away from a school environment?
Well I was in this dangerous situation where algebra was the difference between life or death…I can’t even fake this. Umm, no.
5. If you could do anything over again, What would it be?
Started my writing career earlier.
6. Most enjoyable book?
I really can’t answer that. I’ve enjoyed most of the books I’ve read.
7. Do you have a nasty habit? What is it?
I bite my nails. There you have it.
8. Apart from when you were a child, have you ever danced in the rain?
9. How many kids do you have?
Three. Two boys and one girl. They make me proud.
10. What makes you grumpy?
I get a little ornery when I don’t eat. Feeding me keeps me happy 🙂
11. What’s your ‘Go to’ switch to make you feel better on a gray day?
Reading, movies and video games. Not necessarily in that order.
My nominees for the Liebster Blog Award are:
Eris Choo – tacokittens.wordpress.com
Oloiel Moonshadow – Color Me In Cyanide & Cherries
Swati Jain – Simply Swati J
Heartafire – Heartafire
Lorraine Reguly – Lorraine Reguly’s Life
Christy Birmingham – Poetic Parfait
Jill Roberts – Love of Words
Richa Maheshwari – Words Painting Thoughts
Verity Sharpe – Callousheart
Rahul Ashok – My Individual Insights
Joener Bangero – Soul Effusions
11 Questions for my nominees!
1. Who has had the biggest influence on you?
2. Was writing something you fell into?
3. What is your favorite movie?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. If you could do anything over again, what would it be?
6. Do you listen to some form of music that gets you really psyched?
7. Do you speak a second language?
8. Coke or Pepsi?
9. What is your favorite time to write?
10. Do you have a favorite sports team?
11. What would you consider a romantic gift or gesture?